Sunday, May 22, 2016

I can...

I type this piece of writing to be motivated during the autumnal hours of my life.

"There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant,
are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn;
whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go
."
- Richard Bach

We humans often want the ball to be in our court in every walks of life. I too wanted it. But when the gap is created it is then that we realise we were in a better position. These gaps are needed to make our life continous though I never like them despite knowing their importance. Its simply because I don't enjoy them. After having a tough project and and bossy time in my department I at last got the ticket to Kolkata- The city of JOY. I was santioned a leave for 5 days that too after making some people realise that 1960KM is really long distance. I didn't expect this particularly in govt. sector. My flight is at 12:05 PM and I am dying to catch it. Ami bari ashchiiiii...Yahooo!
Beautiful lines, isn’t it? When I first came across these thought provoking lines, I felt that it was something which I always felt in some lonely corner of my heart. But the pessimistic thought that I am looking at a “mistake” with redundant positive angle, often made me ignore its significance. It was this realization that kept me thinking for moment when I encountered these lines.
Most of us often grumble at the ever–available-to-blame luck for all failures we face in life. We think that it is simply not what our efforts were worthy of and we pass the verdict “ yaar, kismat hi kharab hai”. I myself have felt this quite a lot of time and more so when I found my peers/colleagues achieving what they had set out for.
I used to feel mentally agitated by the very sight of the distance I had to travel to reach my goal. This magnified small blockheads lying on the road. Consequences were more tension and stress which in turn distanced me from what I wanted. And the vicious circle continued. Being restlessness and sparing undue thought about the consequences, kept me shackled from capturing the rays of hope even in failures. It was all the more when I lonely traversed the road less traveled.
But slowly and sullenly, these dark hours taught me what I found useful latter. I am happy to realize it. It was persistence and constancy of goal!. It was a thing which I felt if not channelized in proper direction leads to untimely and unexpected results. But if done so with a positive attitude it works wonder-believe me. One of the important things I learnt was to be still in turbulence. Work your way with belief in yourself and light does falls on you. It needs constant effort. Now that’s something momentary and decays gradually. What boosts it is faith in you. You believe it and you achieve it!
The expectation to finish or fear to fail has nothing to do with the success. The joy is hidden in every moment. It can be extracted out by digging deep into the moment and getting lost into the task. It emerges out in your heart when the task is accomplished. But indirectly, any time which is not spent digging and searching is wasted on the surface speculating or fearing the unknown.
It’s rightly said that we always feel the queue in which we are standing move slowly compared to the others. So there is no point in grumbling at your situation. Some we can change and some we should adapt to. But which one to do is what we should learn.
We always have choices in whatever we do- we can complain at the rain drops for spoiling our journey or we can look at its drop as something that shows us the rainbow in sunshine…

No comments:

Post a Comment